I feel so blessed to have coincidentally come across an interview on a news channel featuring Dr. Vishal Chaturvedi, the writer and director of a movie made on Shri Neeb Karori Baba.
And what makes the encounter even more interesting is how little I actually knew about Shri Neeb Karori Baba
Until recently, my understanding of Shri Neeb Karori Baba was rather limited. I knew that He was revered by His devotees as an incarnation or manifestation of Lord Hanuman, and that innumerable stories of His Leelas and miracles are associated with His life.
I also knew of His influence on people such as Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg, and for some time I have felt an inexplicable pull toward visiting His Ashram.
But I had no idea that a movie about Him had already been made.
And then, quite unexpectedly, I came across this interview.
The moment I realised what it was about, I wanted to watch the movie immediately.
It was already quite late at night, so I told myself:
Tomorrow. No matter what, I am watching it.
And I am so glad I did.
The movie is beautifully made and, for me, deeply heart-touching.
The way the stories of Baba's Leelas and the experiences of those whose lives were transformed by Him have been portrayed is incredibly moving. What particularly touched me was seeing how encounters with Baba, and what devotees experienced as His extraordinary interventions, gradually changed people's perceptions, their lives and ultimately their relationship with the Divine.
As I watched, my mind naturally travelled to the stories of so many other saints whose lives have touched generations.
The four sibling saints — Sant Dnyaneshwar, Muktaai, Nivruttinath and Sopan.
Shri Swami Samarth.
Shri Lahiri Mahashay.
Paramahansa Yogananda.
Shri Sai Baba.
And so many others whose lives are filled with accounts of Leelas, extraordinary experiences and what devotees understand as Siddhis.
Within the traditions I have encountered, such accounts are not treated merely as entertaining stories. They are part of the spiritual biographies of saints — stories through which devotees have understood their extraordinary connection with the Divine.
I know that such experiences cannot always be explained or verified through conventional scientific frameworks.
But I also know something else:
My own life has contained experiences that I personally cannot dismiss as mere coincidence.
Again and again, situations that seemed to be moving towards my destruction somehow became stepping stones for something else.
What appeared to be an ending became a beginning.
What appeared to be a setback opened another door.
What appeared to be designed to break me somehow became an experience through which I discovered strength, knowledge, courage, awareness or a completely unexpected direction.
I have experienced enough of these transformations personally to understand why stories of Divine intervention resonate so deeply with me.
Sometimes Grace does not remove the obstacle.
Sometimes it transforms the obstacle into the very stepping stone that takes us forward.
And perhaps that is one reason this movie touched something so deep within me.
It reminded me that stories of saints are not merely stories about miracles.
At their deepest level, they are stories about faith, surrender, courage, transformation and the possibility that human beings can become instruments of something far greater than themselves.
And this brings me to something else I found myself thinking about while watching the movie.
What Are We Feeding the Minds of Our Next Generation?
I genuinely wish more and more filmmakers would create powerful stories about saints, spiritual seekers, courageous human beings, integrity, compassion, devotion and the triumph of the human spirit.
Stories that uplift.
Stories that make young people want to become better human beings.
Stories that teach courage instead of fear.
Integrity instead of manipulation.
Compassion instead of cruelty.
Devotion instead of emptiness.
Self-respect instead of obsession with external validation.
And hope instead of helplessness.
Of course, entertainment has many legitimate forms, and stories about relationships, conflict, suspense and human flaws are part of storytelling.
But I sometimes wonder whether we could create more stories that consciously contribute something nourishing to the psychological and emotional landscape of our children and young adults.
Because cinema and popular storytelling do more than entertain us.
They also give us characters to admire, behaviours to imitate, aspirations to internalise and ideas about what constitutes a meaningful life.
If we repeatedly glorify lust, anger, jealousy, manipulation, destructive competition and a mindless rat race, should we be surprised when some of those values begin to become normalised?
Why not also give our forthcoming generations stories filled with:
Care.
Love.
Positivity.
Courage.
Integrity.
Faith.
Devotion.
Resilience.
Service.
Compassion.
And the courage to stand for what is right.
Perhaps we need stories that remind young minds that power is not merely the ability to dominate others; it can also be the ability to master oneself.
That success is not merely about acquiring more.
That intelligence without integrity is incomplete.
That strength without compassion can become destructive.
And that spirituality need not mean escaping life — it can mean learning how to live it with greater awareness, courage and love.
So I am grateful for this unexpected encounter.
I did not know that this movie existed.
I did not search for it.
I simply happened to come across an interview with the person who created it.
And something within me immediately said:
“Watch this.”
Perhaps it was simply a recommendation that happened to appear at the right moment.
Perhaps it was curiosity.
Perhaps it was synchronicity.
Perhaps, in my own spiritual understanding, it was another one of those little breadcrumbs that life keeps placing in my path.
Whatever it was, I am grateful that I followed it.
Because sometimes a film is just a film.
And sometimes...
a story arrives at exactly the right moment and reminds you of something your soul already knew. 🙏✨
Forever A Humble Seeker of Truth & Divine!
Meraki Pegasus
Dr Racchana D Fadia
No comments:
Post a Comment